Adult Sleep Program
This DIY online sleep program includes the guidance and education you need to establish better sleep habits and a healthier relationship between you and sleep.
Through our 'This Adult Loves Sleep' DIY program, you will learn:
Simple steps and practices to change your behaviour to better your sleep health and incorporate proper sleep hygiene.
How to incorporate “The Slow Down Cycle” at bedtime.
Ways to improve your cognitive relationship with sleep through Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia.
Ways to discover activities to lower stress levels and quiet your mind when your busy brain is keeping you up at night.
How to achieve your “Personal Pause” to lower stress and anxiety.
Nutritional changes you can make to help you get a better night of sleep and how your blood sugar levels affect your sleep.
Why an imbalance of your hormones may be affecting your night of sleep and which hormones you need to be focusing on.
How to establish a proper morning and daytime routine that will have a direct impact on helping you fall asleep easier and stay better rested throughout the night.
How to maximize your sheets, blankets and bedding for a perfect night of sleep.
- 90+ page Good Night Adult Sleep Program guidebook
- 7 audio lessons taught by our founder and lead sleep expert Alanna McGinn so that you can listen to the entire program while on the go.
- All the info, education and resources you need to help you sleep better including printable information on mindfulness, bedtime breathing and yoga exercises, nutrition, and
- 4 free audio meditations by MINDmgt to download and use at bedtime.
- Recommended resources and products to help you on the right path to great sleep.
- The option to purchase additional one-on-one support if desired/required
Online Adult Sleep Course Curriculum
Lesson 1: Behavioural Changes to Improve Sleep: Proper Sleep Hygiene
- Keep to Consistent Sleep Patterns
- Bringing Back Bedtime
- The “Slow Down Cycle”
- How to Audit Your Sleep Environment
- A Word of Tech Use: Tech to Avoid and Tech to Include
Lesson 2: Improve Your Relationship with Sleep
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia: CBT-I
- Stimulus Control Therapy
- Sleep Restriction Therapy
- The Power of Positive Thinking
Lesson 3: Quieting the Mind
- Meditation and Mindful Thought: Easy Mindful Activities
- Breathing Techniques to Help You Fall Asleep Faster: Mindful Breathing Activities
- Mindful Yoga
- 2 Ways to Incorporate Your Personal Pause
- Free audio mp3 Mindfulness and Relaxation Recordings to download for bedtime.
Lesson 4: Nutrition
- Your Blood Sugar Levels: That 3-4 a.m. Waking
- Vitamins, Minerals, and Sleep
- Gut Health and How it Affects Sleep
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Caffeine and Alcohol
Lesson 5: Hormones and Sleep
- Signs and Symptoms of an Underactive or Overactive Thyroid
- Symptoms Men and Women Experience When Sex Hormones are Not Balanced
- A Note on Menopause
- Metabolic Hormones: Insulin, Ghrelin, & Leptin
- Common Hormone Disruptors
- Let’s Talk About Melatonin
Lesson 6: Your Morning and Afternoon Routines: How it Helps You Sleep
- Choosing Your Perfect Waketime
- How to Incorporate a Great Morning Routine and Why
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Napping and more!
- Different Types of Rest and How to Incorporate Them
Lesson 7: How Sheets and Blankets Help You Sleep Better
- Maximize Your Sheets, Blankets and Bedding to Sleep Better
- Choosing the Right Pillow
- Types of Bedding for Specific Conditions
Note: This is a self-led sleep program and you will not be working one-on-one with a Good Night Sleep Site consultant. If you feel you need one-on-one support at any time throughout the process you can book a one-hour consultation with a Good Night Sleep Site consultant for an additional cost.