Let me ask you this question – when is the last time you went to bed with your partner? Our days are filled with work, our kids, driving back and forth from after school activities, trying to fit in a workout if we can, and catching the late show on TV. It’s getting more and more difficult to connect with our loved ones throughout the week and it’s time to make some changes. Our #BringBackBedtime initiative was created with the intent to strengthen the family bond and bedtime is the perfect opportunity to do so.
In 2010, Statistics Canada found that 78% of Canadian households have cell phones. That number has only increased since then. In 2011, it was found that approximately 61% of Americans are using a laptop one hour before they go to sleep.
Ready to sleep better? Our Adult Sleep Program can help you fall asleep at night.
Listen I get it, at the end of the day you are tired, and you just want to watch a few funny videos, or catch up on what’s happening in the rest of the world but it’s time to put those phones down, get the laptops out of the bedroom and reconnect with your partner. We live in a busy world with everything at our fingertips but it is seriously impacting our sleep, health and relationships. It’s time to stop connecting on Facebook and start reconnecting with the person who sleeps beside you at night.
2-3 nights a week make it a goal to go to bed together and talk. Pretty easy right? Your bedtime routine before you turn off the lights could just be talking to one another and we’ve compiled a list of open ended questions for couples. Pick one or two each night – or create your own.
Download our baby sleep guide of your baby’s first year’s nap and bedtime schedules for only $17 here. Create the right nap and bedtime schedule for your baby today!
20 Open Ended Questions For Couples
- What are three things that I do that you couldn’t live without?
- What would you do in life if money weren’t an issue?
- What is something that I can do tomorrow that will make your day better?
- What are some stresses that you are currently facing?
- What do you think about when you wake up?
- What goals do you have for us?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
- If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do and which are the five things you’ve been most longing for, that you would buy?
- Today was fun because_________?
- If you could be anyone in the world for a day, who would it be and why?
- Which 3 words describe me best?
- If you could change one law, what would it be?
- What is the nicest thing I have done for you recently?
- If you could be a sound, what would it be?
- If you could choose a new name for yourself, what would it be?
- What age do you wish you were right now? Why?
- What magic power do you wish you had? Why?
- If you could have one hour with someone (dead or alive), who would it be, what would you do and why?
Click Here to Download Your Free 20 Open Ended Questions for Couples PDF and start the conversation tonight.
Click Here to Download Your Free Blank 20 Open Ended Questions for Couples PDF and create your own questions.
Contributed by Good Night Sleep Site Consultant – Jamie Contarini
Good Night Sleep Site provides free child and family sleep support through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We invite you to join our sleep community as we work towards Good Night Sleep Site’s mission of a healthier rested family unit. For more sleep tips, subscribe to our newsletter and visit Good Night Sleep Site.