There are so many wonderful Black owned companies and products that can help support your mental wellness and sleep health.Good Night Sleep Site is committed to supporting and promoting Black owned companies and organizations focused on helping you improve your sleep and overall wellness.
I put this together because I want to do more. It’s something that I should have done long ago. As a white person, parent and business owner, I am taking the time to stop and learn.
I am listening to the Black community and hearing their messages. To start, I will use my platform to support the Black wellness community and its abundant professional resources, experts and amazing products.
Specifically, I’m choosing to highlight the Black owned wellness community because this is the type of information you seek when you come to our website – resources that can help you improve your health and the health of your family.
27 Black Owned Sleep And Wellness Organizations You Can Support Right Now
Connecting, seeking information and buying products or services from Black owned businesses is one way we can all help support Black members of our society and fight against systemic racism. I invite you to check out the experts, businesses, and products rounded up below.
Shop Bedding Accessories
- The Hair Pillow (Instagram – @thehairpillow). A unique pillow designed to preserve all hair styles while still supporting a comfortable night’s rest.
- Justina Blakeney Home (Instagram – @justinablakeneyhome). A gorgeous collection of duvets, quilts, blankets, and decorative pillows.
- Little Muffincakes (Instagram – @little_muffincakes). A baby boutique offering high quality items such as blankets and quilts that reflect the diversity of beauty in children.
- Rochelle Porter (Instagram – @roporterdesign). Rochelle Porter Design specializes in vibrant, happy home décor and fashion textiles derived from the founder’s original artwork.
- Bolé Road Textiles (Instagram – @boleroadtextiles). Beautiful wall hangings, rugs, pillows and throws created using Ethiopian handwoven fabrics and designed to elevate any sleep space.
- Johanna Howard Home (Instagram – @johannahowardhome). Really cool pillows and throws focused on artisan traditions and Scandinavian design.
- Don’t Sleep Interiors. Pillows that combine interior decor and culture from the African Diaspora with social and political consciousness.
Wellness and Sleep Experts, Professionals and Organizations To Follow
- Alexandra Elle (Instagram – @alex_elle). Building community and self-care practices through literature & language. Author of multiple books and journals and the host of the hey, girl.
- Patricia McPherson (Instagram – @patriciapattypat). A Toronto area yoga teacher and meditation guide.
- Alishia McCullough (Instagram – @blackandembodied). A licensed mental health therapist and self-love promoter.
- Jessica Clemons, MD (Instagram – @askdrjess). Recognized by Forbes as a leader in making mental health and wellness apart of the current zeitgeist.
- The Nap Ministry (Instagram – @thenapministry). Founded in 2016, this organization examines the liberating power of naps and rest as a radical tool for community healing.
- Alina Brown (Instagram – @heyallinaalive). A holistic health content creator and WellnessCon organizer.
- Kimberley Wilson (Instagram – @foodandpsych). Her philosophy of Whole-Body Mental Health is a comprehensive approach to mental health care.
- Black Girl In Om (Instagram – @blackgirlinom). Creating a world where woman of colour are liberated, empowered and seen.
- Therapy for Black Girls (Instagram – @therapyforblackgirls). A space developed to present mental health topics in a way that feels more accessible and relevant.
- Balanced Black Girl (Instagram – @balancedblackgirlpodcast). Founded on the belief that wellness isn’t one size fits all. A safe space for women of colour to have candid conversations about wellness, self-care, and self-love, with a little humor along the way.
- Life with a Baby (Instagram – @lifewithababy). Parent peer-support network, and source for resources and fun events for parents with kids 0-6 years old.
Shop Wellness Products
- Mama Glow (Instagram – @mamaglow). Delivering an array of offerings for women and families along the paths of fertility, pregnancy and new motherhood.
- Herpothecary (Instagram – @herpothecary). Offering artisan bath and body products.
- ABA Love Apothecaryä (Instagram – @abaloveapothecary). Healing aromatics such as plant-based skincare, perfume and aromatherapy.
- Love Notes Fragrances (Instagram – @lovenotesllc). Scented soy candles made with all-natural soy wax that leave you with an aroma, mood, and emotion that will be unforgettable.
- Adjourn Teahouse (Instagram – @adjournteahouse). All natural, hand-blended, full leaf tea.
- Heritage Apothecary (Instagram – @heritageapothecary). Offering products created to help you transcend your energetic blocks and return to alignment.
- Liberate (Instagram – @liberatemeditation). The number one meditation app for the Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour community.
- Reward’um (Instagram – @rewardums). Restickable routine charts for kids that work.
Note: I know that the organizations, businesses, educators and professionals listed in this post are by no means comprehensive. They are ones that I have found on my own, and ones that people have shared with me. I appreciate the sharing of information and encourage you to continue to share additional resources if you feel inclined. Thank you for reading!